- Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C of an orange
- It has almost as much calcium as whole milk–and the calcium is better absorbed
- It contains selenium, a mineral that has been found to have anti-cancer and anti-viral properties
- Broccoli is a modest source of vitamin A and alpha-tocopherol vitamin E
- It also has antioxidant properties
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary, National School Breakfast Week was launched in 1989 to raise awareness of the availability of the School Breakfast Program to all children and to promote the links between eating a good breakfast, academic achievement and healthy lifestyles. This year’s theme, “Take Time for School Breakfast” was created by the non-profit School Nutrition Association.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new, interactive menus! You will find the new menus easy to navigate. Now you can see how healthy and delicious school lunch really is! You will be able to see nutritional information, carb counts and allergen information. . Check us out at http://ccps.nutrislice.com/
There is also an app you can download to know what is being served on the go: